Subject: M7---Well Sort Of--
From: Steve <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 20:55:43 -0700

I have it on good authority from someone who should know within the
Japanese Photo Industry (his information has always been accurate in the
past), that

	1) Contrary to rumors in the Nikon Digest, Nikon is unfortuately NOT
	   working on a new rangefinder camera.

	2) Two, I repeat TWO, Japanese manufacturers are working on prototypes
which
	   are up to date electronic cameras taking Leica M Lenses.   He could
give
	   me no further details.

	3) To state the obvious, prototypes are not production cameras.  There
is
	   no telling if either, or both, of these cameras will be produced.

Time will tell.

Stephen Gandy