Subject: Re: Advice sought
From: Steve <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:25:00 -0700

Jeff Segawa wrote:

 Had hoped to achieve these ends with
> some judicious buying and selling of systems (hanging onto just a choice
> bit here and there) but obviously, someone else is beating me to these
> things! And for those of you who ARE good at this sort of thing, does it
> take you weeks, or even months, to recover your investment, and do you need
> to really work your butt off in order to do it?

Sales are totally random, but luck and hard work helps too.

Whether its quickly selling for a nice profit, or even selling at a loss
to recoup the investment and to reinvest it, or someplace in-between,
you can never really predict it.

I've quickly sold some items which I never expected to sell.  I have
other items which are great inventory at a low price, which refuses to
move.  its all a roll of the dice, and you have to accept the risk and
play the game.

experience counts too.  you will learn from your mistakes and not repeat
them--either that or you will end up on welfare.

Stephen Gandy