Subject: Re: Meterless M use
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 16:40:53 -0500 (EST)

At 02:36 AM 4/22/97 +0800, you wrote:

>I recalled a thread a few months back abt learning how to judge exposure
>without the use of an exposure meter. The reason why I am suddenly
>interested in learning how to do this is because my M6's battery crapped out
>while I was shooting and I was nowhere near a photo shop.

Adisoon:  You can always try the "sunny 16" rule.  On a sunny day (or the
equivalent) shoot at f/16 and the reciprocal of your film speed.  If you're
shooting 50 speed film, you would use f/16 at 1/60 (the closest shutter
speed to 1/50).  You can use this basic formula and adjust from there based
on the available light.  Good luck.  Tina

Images by Tina Manley, ASMP
images@infoave.net
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>