Subject: relectors / harsh light
From: FSilberman@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 17:40:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ben:
Just to follow up on your comments of harsh/hard lighting. That's why
reflectors appeal to me so much, because I can avoid that eye
glaring/squinting light, of course I don't try to balance the ambient light
out totally.
I like to use white, very large soft fabric reflectors - they offer a fine
soft light which envelopes the subject & creates a nice mood & atmosphere. I
also use gold reflectors to warm up color film without needing to resort to
warming filters.
(& I love using diffusers as well)
Let me know if that clears up things
regards
Frederic

You Wrote:
"Frederic, reflectors are great for those reasons, however they can be very
harsh when used to light a pretty girls face. Invariably I get complaints
about the intensity of the light. Nobody likes to be blinded."