Subject: Re: Batteries - Help!
From: Henry Chu <doctorc8@entertain.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 12:38:30 -0600

Steven Blutter wrote:

> ok gang - you've got me completely confused about batteries...
>
> will my mr-4 meters be obsolete?(and lunasix)
> can they be recalibrated for these px-13A's i've seen?
>
> can someone from europe send me some of the old ones (i have friends all
> over)
>
> what's the story?  - i've been getting this in drips and drabs for a few
> weeks
>
> thnks
> steven blutter

Steven,

There are a couple of strategies I know of to handle this problem.  The
first is to modify the circuit.  (I have an MR4 which now uses an
alkaline 625.  The previous owner had sent it to Leica for the
modification.)  The second is an adaptor into which one places a silver
battery and the output is that of the old merc's.  (I had purchased such
a device for my Luna Pro.)

Henry