Subject: 90 lens recommendations anyone?
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 20:46:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi group -

I'm looking for a 90/2.8 (M) - high end condition - and wonder what your
thoughts are (or if I missed some relevant recent posting if you could point
me there).  I've gone the route of the earlier Summicron but it is too heavy
for serious gram-counting backpacking.  Was thinking of either the 'skinny'
4 element or 'fat' 5 element Tele-Elmarit.  Anyone care to comment on the
relative merits of either (or, perhaps, compared to the earlier Elmarit)?  I
have one of each - in mint condition - offered to me for $750 and $850,
respectively - and this doesn't bother me since both are as new (so needn't
tell me I can find them regularly for $175 at shows in mint minus condition
right next to the $850 Mint- M4-Ps).

TIA,

Curt
Nicht schlecht.  Ich belege einen platz!

Elizabeth Mei Wong
Henry Curtis Miller, M.P.A.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
In the Berkshires, next door to Tanglewood