Subject: Re: Storing M lenses back-to-back
From: doctorc8@stout.entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 08:43:11 -0600

>I saw an interesting photo with a lens retainer which allows one to store
>two Leica M lenses back-to-back.
>   It looks as if this type of lens storage would save some space in a
>camera bag.
>Are there any lens combinations for which this will not work, and how
>practical is this retaining ring as an accessory?
>
>-GH

The coupling ring is useful to some extent.  Shorter lenses are accomodated
well with this device.  Another limitation is the coupler is narrow and is
not able to accomodate lenses wider than 35mm because of the intrusion of
the rear element.  I have used it for 35, 50 and 90 (Tele-Elmarit) mm
lenses.

Henry