Subject: Re: Leicaphilia
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 29 Apr 97 10:11:01 EDT

Jeff wrote:

<<<Just my opinions, brought to light by one-too-many messages regarding lens
stacking caps!>>>>>

Hi Jeff:
Enjoyed the post, as it certainly makes an excellant point of how collecting and
technical things can blurr our shooting-using minds.

I thought as I read your descritpion of sunrise and grass, of how I enjoy going
on my own just before sunrise and watch the light do magical things as it comes
over the horizon and for about an hour, creates some of the most beautiful
moments for picture taking that one can imagine.

It is a "quiet time" for me, where I begin to relax and wind down after being
away on assignment. The key to the success of this is:

A/  be alone! just you, your Leica and a completely open mind and eyes!

B/ if something motivates you at that moment, shoot it!

This can produce some very nice photographs for ones wall and saves spending
money on the prints of others. :) There isn't anything like having folks visit
your home and complimenting you on "your work" hanging in the living room!

And as far as buying prints of those I like, I prefer to collect books for my
personal library, as without books to learn photography, it is like trying to
sail the oceans without charts. It is a much greater value for the dollars than
a single print hanging on the wall.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant