Subject: Steinheil and Komura 2X
From: photology@juno.com (Thomas P Myro)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:10:34 EDT

Good Day!!

I think that the Steinheil lens in question should be OK-- but not of
Leitz or Zeiss quality-- Steinheil was always a "less expensive" lens
brand, making lenses for a host of "less expensive" cameras.  I tested a
few on Kodachrome for Exacta mt some years ago, and thought they were
"adequate",  but nothing I'd care to own.

I think the Komura 2X should be perfectly dreadful.  The 2X in
conjunction with the Sreinheil should be really awful.

The finder might be a fun thing to have, however.

Thomas P Myro