Subject: Sticky frames problem
From: "gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 15:18:58 +0200

Greetings

Are the viewfinder frames on the M4P particularly prone to sticking. I
realise that together with the M6 it has more frames than the other Leica
M's, but I'm finding my M4P particularly problematical.

I bought the camera about 18 months ago from somebody who likes to collect
rather than use so it was hardly used. Shortly after buying it the frames
started sticking so I sent it to be sorted out be a Leica repair shop. They
claimed one of the frames was slightly out of shape and therefore catching
and replaced it. A few months later the frames started playing up again so
I sent it to the Leica agents who serviced the whole camera and said that
the frames were fine but just needed adjusting. Now the ugly problem is
raring it's ugly head again with the camera not wanting to properly display
the 35 mm/135 mm frame. When it does turn up that frame it tends to stick
on it and won't show the other frames unless you wiggle the lever back and
forth for a while. So, it's back to Leica for fixing again. This is all
very annoying.

Now, what I wanted to find out is, is this a common problem with the M4P,
is ther an easy solution, and does it occur often with the M6 (as I'm
considering buying one of those).

Thanks in advance

Harold

My e-mail addresses are as follows:

haroldgess@journalist.com

gess@icon.co.za

Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!