Subject: Prints vs. Offset printing -
From: FSilberman@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:05:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Oddmund:
You made some excellent points. What I found particularly salient was your
comments on image pollution.
And needless to say, nothing is comparable to an original print...I've
contested for years that offset printing is a poor representation of the real
thing & only detracts from the original. When the Mona Lisa for example is
exploited in commercial advertising it almost takes on a new identity which
defrocks the original meaning (& sense of purpose of the artist)
I do recognize & It's unfortunate we cannot all be everywhere and see the
originals & sometimes poor substitutes are good because it's the only
alternative. It's better than not seeing anything, that is, it's better than
seeing nothing.
Frederic