Subject: Re: Cruising for snaps in Panauti
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:15:52 +0545 (+0545)

At 09:23 AM 97-05-01 EDT, you wrote:

>Hi Ian,
>
>I bet when you hand off rolls for processing they must be given with a few
>prayers, hoping they'll survive the lab. Given your location in the world
>inrelation to the isolation, I think I'd have a Jobo in there quick time. :)
>
>Although I have never had to use them, I understand from compatriots who do,
>they are quite easy to work with with a bit of experience.
>
>My gut feeling would be in your case, "i'm not going to be in this location for
>the rest of my life, I better not take any chances on getting rolls screwed-up,
>therefore I better do them my self!"
>
>And I say this due to your wonderful discriptions of where you are living and
>working at the moment. Imagine shooting those old temples and the colourful
>local folks and then loose them in a lab situation. Not to say that couldn't
>happen at home here in Canada, however less likely.
>
>Glad to hear you are getting on OK with the M6 and after awhile you'll
>absolutely trust the meter, as it hasn't ever steered me wrong in any of my
>shooting.
>
>Damn if I win the lottery this morning I'm on my way and we can tour the
country
>side shooting up a storm! :)
>
>ted
>Victoria, Canada
>http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Hello Ted,

        Usually I save up all of the E6 film I have shot and ahve it
processed when I make my trips out of the country.  The only transparency
film I have processed here is stuff that I need right away - then I have no
choice but to have it done here.  What I have bee doing lately is sitting in
the lab watching all of the steps as I find most of the damage occurs in the
handling of the developed film after processing.  I also usually make a gift
of a new pair of clean cotton gloves to the person who is handling my film.

        Let me know when you win the lottery!!

Ian Stanley,

Kathmandu, Nepal