Subject: Fuji Astia vs. E100SW
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 11:18:25 -0600 (MDT)

I've been shooting a lot of E100SW, and have recently been using Fuji's new
Astia chrome. As any of you have tried the E100S & SW films know, these are
some great emulsions. I have to say, though, that the Astia is head and
shoulders above the Kodak stuff.

The colors are brilliant and the results overall are wonderful. Fuji brought
this one out to compete directly with the saturated E100 films, and has done
a bang up job. Fuji claims that their film has a finer grain than Kodak's,
and this seems to be the case. The film rates accurately at 100, and gains
very little from underexposure. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has
used Astia, and what your impressions are.

,/8^|