Subject: 28mm M lenses
From: "gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 17:49:26 +0200

Greetings

I was looking at a 28mm F2.8 elmarit. It was the second type (Canadian) Am
I correct in presuming that this could be used on the M6 but would not
allow metering (or will it damage the cell when fitted?).

Also, it doesn't seem to bring up the 28mm frame on the M4P. Is this
because it was made before a 28mm frame was available or is the lens in
question defective? If this is correct, can it be modified to bring that
frame up?

Any comments on these and the optical quality of the lens would be much
appreciated.

Best wishes

Harold

My e-mail addresses are as follows:

haroldgess@journalist.com

gess@icon.co.za

Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!