Subject: Re: IIIG
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 17:39:09 -0700

On 13 May 97,  Marc James Small <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
wrote:

> At 08:43 PM 5/13/97 GMT, tmwyse@centuryinter.net wrote:
> >Can someone tell me what it is about the IIIG that
> >makes the price so much higher than other III series
> >cameras?
>

> The IIIg was announced to be the end of the breed almost immediately
> after its introduction.  Hence, a LOT of folks bought these as
> collectibles from the start, and it has kept this cachet.
>
> In fact, the IIIg is probably the FIRST Leica collectible.
>
> Marc

Yep, the immediate announcement added to the fact that it was
introduced after the M3 was already on the market and selling well,
really made folk aware that the screwmount was dying and it was time
to grab one. It *was* the most evolved and *would be* the most highly
evolved SM forever!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
         Thought for the day:
    Romance begins when you sink into his arms,
    and ends with your arms in his sink!