Subject: Re: Leica R 6.2
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 11:34:27 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:
> I had two R4-sp's and one R6 for the past five or six years. I used the
> cameras extensively during this period. I found that I used the R6 much
> more than the R4-sp, mainly because of mirror lock-up. I know this is not
> an R6.2 but perhaps they are kin. I've run probably thousands of rolls
> through the R6 without a single problem. Through the snows of Colorado to
> the California desert, it worked flawlessly.

Jim,

Have you used flash fill with the R6?  If so, is the compensation effort
an awkward challenge?
Thinking about getting one eventually for backup and for a polaroid back
to live on.

BTW, was in large bookstore (SuperCrown) the other day with a little
free time and scoured the cooking section for one of your books.  I went
hungry.   Is your name on covers?

Donal Philby
San Diego