Subject: Ben: Using your Leicas for Enterprise ($$$$/self-promo)
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 21:46:41 -0700

At 07:21 PM 5/22/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I am 100% committed to doing whatever it takes to capture my share of
>business here. Share some of your ideas, please!
>

>Regards,
>

>Ben W. Holmes
>Photographer
>Boulder, CO
>USA

Ben,

After reading your posts over the past months, viewing your www site, and
reading your signature (Photographer) I thought all along that, that is
what you already are. I'm confused. Perhaps I missed a post or two from the
past. If you are not a photographer, what are you? Since this is a time for
sharing, share with us what you do, that you want to stop doing, in order
to do photography.

If you are ever interested in publishing your own photography books, I
would be happy to help you. You can do everything yourself, at home, except
the separations and the actual printing/binding. The color work (seps)
actually can be done at home on your computer but the proper equipment
costs way too much and it also limits your choice of printers. My wife and
I use a printer (Everbest) in Hong Kong. We deal directly with the printer.
We have neither been there nor met anybody from the company. We introduced
ourselves to them via fax, they introduced themselves to us via fax (this
was before they had e-mail.) We use fax, e-mail, FedEx, and ocean freight
for everything. It works. It's easy. And it's fun. For an example of their
work, look at Carr Clifton's "Wild & Scenic California" published by
Browntrout Publishers, printed by Everbest. A single book is equivalent to
ten years of hard labor in the profession.

The best to you Ben.

Jim