Subject: Re: Tele-Elmarit 180 2.8 Advise
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:09:44 -0400

At 03:54 AM 5/29/97 GMT, Arnold Don Abravane wrote:
>I own one of these lens, I used it a couple of times on a Viso. I have just
>started thinking about trading it for somethhing else. I have very little in
>it as I was given it a few years ago by a friend. I would like opinions on
>this lens, as to quality, and do you think I should just hold it.

My heavens.  This lens is incredibly rare.  It was a production prototype
that never made it into the Leitz product line -- it never even made it
into the Leitz catalogues, for that matter.  Around 250 were made and,
apparently, all were sold by ELNY.

When these surface, the asking price is routinely around $2500 to $5000.

I believe I would probably call Stan Tamarkin and have him offer this in
his fall auction.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!