Subject: Re: M-5 Users
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 21:11:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there,

You will have a very tough time trying to fit a Visoflex 2 with prism to
an M5; other than that, you have the same finder as M3 and M4 (the widest
frame is 35mm) which is preferred by a lot of LU's to M6's 28mm finder.
You have the shutter speed shown in the viewfinder, and you can modify it
while metering using one finger, you have a spot meter, not a patch meter
like M6 and the meter is analog. You also have a self timer, which M6
doesn't have room for.  The camera is quite a bit heavier than M6 and you
might have better results with slow handheld speeds.

Other disadvantages are: meter is slower, and it will drain your battery
if you leave the camera cocked, and you can not fit early wide angle
lenses because of the semafore arm.

Hope this helps

Lucian Chis