Subject: Re: Dating equipment
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 09:20:54 -0600 (MDT)

>Are there lists available somewhere that allow one to date equipment?

I'm in the process of putting up a site containing serial number data for
the M cameras and Leitz lenses. I've found four sources for the numbers and
am working to compile it into a useful format. Most of the guides, while
handy, make more work of this than seems practical. Give me a week and I'll
post the URL.

Also, I'm ref'ing tables of processing times for as many different B&W films
in every conceivable developer (except phenomenol <g>) that I can find data
for. It's about time someone did this. I've run a search on every engine
listed in Netscape and have NEVER found data compiled in this way. I'm open
to suggestions from the peanut gallery for additional data that I could host
on my site. The purpose is to provide a ready access "library" of
photographic data, for folks who want it. I'm calling it "PhotoData
Library", pretty unique, eh?

I would welcome your input. I'm sure this would be a worthwhile project, and
would be useful to most any of you.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Photographer