Subject: 24 mm. lens
From: "Dr. Alberto Rodrguez-Robles" <arobles@coqui.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 07:52:06 -0700

Does anyone have experience with the new 24mm Leica-M lens?  I'll like

to see your comments and your experiences.  I'll like to know if anyone

has made a test in which you compare the Leica 24mm and the Canon 24mm.

Autofocus?

I made a comparison between the Leica 21mm. 2.8 and the Canon 20-35 2.8

and set it at 21mm. to cover the same area as the Leica.  I made an

exposure of the same subject under the same circumstances, same film,

Tri-X, exposed and developed identically and made enlargement to 5x7 and

8x10.  I showed the enlargements to my friends and ask them which one

was Leica glass and they couldn't tell the difference.  I didn't noticed

the difference in the print contrast nor resolution to justify the price

difference.

Photographically,

Alberto