Subject: R8 Failure Rates
From: Otto Braasch <otto.braasch@bnla.baynet.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 10:13:57 +0200

Hi,

Having used R3s to R5s in the 80ties, I moved to Contax RTS III in
1991-1992. Since the R8 finally got autobracketing and easier film
finally becomes available. One requirement however would be a low
failure rate - better than that of the present RTS III.

RTS III figures for 3 + 1/4 years (1994-1996 + 1/4 of 1997):
Bodies in use year over: 4
Rolls exposed, total: 6,130
Rolls exposed per camera, average: 1,532.5
Failures sent to shop for repair: 19
MRBF, average: 322.6 (MRBF = mean rolls between failure).

Therefore I would appreciate very much, if owners of the new R8
could keep track of their MRBF figures and post them here. Such data
too might stimulate discussions on the reliability of professional
(Leica) cameras.

Regards,

Otto