Subject: Lika Yashica M7/G2?
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 09:36:09 -0700

The story that I have heard is that Leica has replaced Minolta with
Yashica as their Japanese connection.

Speculation is that an updated G2 with M style lenses could be in our
future.

Imagine the Zeiss G2 lenses in M mount.

Ironically, Yashica got into the focal plane 35mm business by buying out
Nicca in the early 60's.  Nicca made among the most innovative Leica
screw mount copies.  It would be very interesting if they end up making
Leica copies again.

Whether this is the M mount camera now being tested in Japan, as I
mentioned several months ago, I am not sure.  The info came from
different sources.

Stephen Gandy