Subject: Re: Rangefinder functionality
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 15:48:52 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 31.05.97  19:56:50, schreiben Sie:

<< One thing that I'm noticing is
 that, in certain lighting situations, I'm unable to see a "double image"
 in the rangefinder square.   Is this a common thing?  If so, any
 workarounds/suggestions? >>

Whenever I use my SLRs for a while and then switch back to Leica M again I
often notice that I have become used to grab the Camera lens with my fingers
fully around the lens barrel. This is perfectly okay with a SLR, as the only
thing you cover with that is the brand name of the camera. If you try that
with a Leica M, your finger blocks the small rangefinder window and you do
not have a split image anymore. For that reason many Leica lenses have kind
of grips at the downside of the focussing ring. Maybe this hint can help you.

Frank