Subject: Re: strange M6 problem
From: mdw3@leguin.acpub.duke.edu
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 00:48:37 +0000

Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier post regarding my M6
troubles.  Tonight I exposed two more rolls to be processed tomorrow
morning, and I'll see what I can see then.  In response to some of
the theories, let me say the following.  I believe that the "debris in
the shutter" theory is probably not correct, as I am certain I was
shooting at 1/50th on the frames in question, which would have
assured that the first curtain was totally open before the second
followed behind.  Also, the film around the sprockets of the two
frames in question is intact and pristine, so no debris came from
any obvious place.  The separating curtains on advance is a
possibility, though, and was suggested as a possible explanation by
DAG service, with whom I spoke earlier today.  Anyway, thanks, I'll
keep you posted, and any further input and theories are welcomed.

Michael Weisberg