Subject: Re: Performance of 2x Extender with R50/2.0
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 04 Jun 97 09:35:09 EDT

Vince Lamberti wrote:

<<<the Leica 2x Extender.I am contemplating purchasing one to use with my
50/2.0, as part of a lightweight travel kit.  Aside of the loss of 2 stops, how
well does this combination perform in contrast to a fixed focal tele, such as
the 90/2.0 or 90/2.8. >>>>>>

Vince,

No reason why it wouldn't be OK. I'm still using the one I purchased as soon as
they were available I think in '84? And I've used it on every lens I own, a
bunch of them, in a few cases just to see what happens.

In general use and if you are purchasing the Apo 2X's then I'd go for it.

On the other hand if the 50mm is your only lens and for the cost of 2X, I might
look at buying the 100 apo macro! Probably dollar for dollar be a better buy .

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant