Subject: Brain Reid - a celebrity?
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 08:13:35 -0600 (MDT)

Does anyone here know Brian? I only know that he "owns" the list, and has
acted as a referree at times past when things got out of hand.

Late last nite I was up reading a book I recently started and I came across
his name. I wasn't sure it was the same Brian Reid until I'd finished the
chapter.

The book is called "Where Wizards Stay Up Late", it describes in exciting
detail the very beginnings of the internet. Brian, it seems, was one of the
EARLY architects of what are now mailing lists. He was involved in hacking
out standards for email headers. That's very exciting stuff.

We all take for granted this thing we call the internet. It's becoming such
an integral part of our lives, and most of us don't really notice. I've been
online since the mid-eighties, back when BBSs were the rage, and after
reading this book I've come to a new level of love for the technology.
Awesomwe stuff.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Photographer