Subject: Re: London Leica Sources?
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:57:50 +0100 (BST)

At 16:12 04/06/97 BST, you wrote:
>> I'm going to London the end of June, can anyone recomend a camera store for
>> used Leica Equipment? Also what's the weather like that time of year ?
>
>There are quite a few used Leica dealers in London - best thing to do would be
>to buy a recent copy of the weekly magazine Amateur Photographer and look at
>the adverts in the back.

I live in London but my favourite Leica dealer is Ffordes in Southend,
Essex, some considerable distance away from London. Two that I have dealt
with in London are Leica at Classic Collection in Pied Bull Yard, Bury
Place, London WC1A 2JR Tel 0171 831 6000 and ask for the Leica shop, and
Feildgrass and Gale, 203 Welsbach House, The Business Village, Broomhill
Road, London SW18 4JQ Tel 0181 870 7611. F & G seem to have quite a good
used stock of Leica and other esoterica but examine items carefully! Leica
at CC is useful for bits & bobs and for information and is a good shop, but
can be pricey. There are several such shops in Bury Place and the
surrounding vicinity- look out for The Rare Camera Company and Jessop Classic.

Joe B.