Subject: Re: R8 Construction
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Jun 97 12:56:25 EDT

Stephen Gandy wrote:

<<A few days ago I was talking to Don Golberg. According to him, the
insides of the R8 are poorly executed.  It reminded him of the "East
German" workmanship of the Prakticas.>>>>

Sorry Stephen that's hogwash and you know it! The camera is working excellently!
Sure they're have been a couple of glitches right at the beginning but they were
quite minor and wasn't an overall condition of many cameras.

I would take <<<<Don Golberg.>>> almost as a sour grapes comment!

Just wondered if he had been using one every day, certainly almost, since
December '96? I believe the test of any camera is how well it stands up to the
daily use of a working photographer.

ted