Subject: Re: M4 Screw
From: David Stedman <DSTEDM@halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 07:29:21 -0700

Luiz Otavio Marinho wrote:

> Dear LUGgers
>
>  I own a chome M4, and I need to change the 2 front screws(Timer,Frame)
> because they are damaged. Where I can buy it by mail? I live in Sco
> Paulo(Brazil) and
> I don4t have a place to buy it here.
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  Luiz Marinho

Dear Luiz;

I don't know whether this will help, but, the same screws hasd been
"abused" at one time.  I tried to get them from Leica USA.  Ernest
Hartman looked all over the place trying to find new copys of those two
parts.  NO LUCK.  Eventually I asked Don Goldberg, (DAG Camera Repair)
and low and behold, HE HAD THEM.  I'll warn you, the camera will
probably need to be delivered to him for the replacement.  It's not a
simple operation of just replacement.

GOOD LUCK,

Dave Stedman