Subject: Re: Strange M6 Problem
From: cyberdog@ibm.net
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 15:02:56 +0200

At 15:44 +0000 03-06-1997, mdw3@leguin.acpub.duke.edu wrote:
>I recently had a srange problem with my M6, and was wondering if any
>of you had experienced the same, heard of such a problem, or have any
>notion what might be plaguing my camera.  On two frames of a recent
>roll of slide film shot indoors under artificial light (frames #5 and
>37), I found a vertically-oriented and sharply-defined streak of
>light (approx. 1mm wide, and tapering slightly).  Other than that,
>none of the frame is fogged, however, and the streak does not
>continue into the sprocket-holes, indicating that the leak must have
>occurred from the front of the camera.  I am dumbfounded (as is the
>local repair shop).  Furthermore, the streak occured at different
>locations on the two frames that were affected by the problem. FYI,
>I was shooting at 1/50th sec. f2 with 64 speed film.  I am reluctant
>to send my camera for repairs with so little evidence to go on.  Thanks in
>advance for any help any of you might be able to offer.
>
>Michael Weisberg

I recently had a comparable problem with a new M6, but I thought this was
due to some development problem. I was shooting on a bright sunny day in
Strasbourg, France. In the middle of the frame of only one shot (somewhere
in the middle of the film) the same problem as you described appeared: a
streak of light, pink-colored, of about 1 to 1,5 cm vertical length. No
other visible problems. FYI, I was shooting Fuji Reala 100 New film.
It leaves me completely puzzled, as it only happened once so far.

Pascal
Belgium

This message was created and sent on a Macintosh PowerBook