Subject: Re: Russian 28mm Orion LTM- black or silver?
From: Dinu Lazar <office@graph.eunet.ro>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 1997 23:28:50 +0300

Joe Berenbaum wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting one of these so I can put a Leica rf body in my
> pocket with a 28 mounted on it, and have been offered three silver metal
> ones with serial numbers commencing 60, 66, and 72. I did hear somewhere
> that the black ones were better but can't recall who said it and whether
> that was agreed by anyone else. Opinions needed- can I get a silver metal
> one with (relative) impunity or should I wait for a black one?
>
> Joe B.

I have one silver; is a good (!) lens -- a symmetric construction; an
image (enlarged 8x10, B/W, 100 ISO) look VERY well; but is a long
distance to a new Biogon (Contax) or S. Angulon...
With Russian cameras, black or silver is no difference ... to many
vodka, to little respect for work or consumer...
You can try to make same photos with all 3 lenses and buy the best; the
best, in this case, will have 20-30 l/mm at corners, at the best
diafragm for this lens (f11).

Dinu Lazar

With a lot of pictures at:

http://www.infoiasi.ro/~busaco/circles/