Subject: Rifle Range Binoculars
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 11:17:15 -0400

Colin

I would recommend you consider the final version of the East German 'border
guard' binoculars.  These were made by Carl Zeiss Jena:  NOS units are
available from Deutsche Optik for around $500, and the current production
ones are available from Docter Optic in Las Vegas for around the same.
Deutsche Optik calls them EDF, Docter calls them DF.

These are nitrogen-purged, absolutely waterproof, IF 7x, 40mm glasses.
They can be had with a rangefinder reticle (the so-called 'artillery
scale').  Wonderful binoculars, and they have replaced my 10x40 Zeiss
glasses as my standard haul-around glasses.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315