Subject: Summicron 35 Asph
From: Bob Parsons <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 16:16:46 +0100

Bob Parsons wrote:

>The new lens takes E39 filters and has a groove at the front of the
>lens mount on the outside. Very similar to the old Summicron. I believe
>the front of the lens diameter is 42mm. I don't own a swing out filter so
>I don't know how they fit. I may .. but only may just see the new lens
>later this week. Any way, if the opportunity arises I'll ask about the
>swing out filter for you.

I attended an "open day" at one of the main Leica dealers in London.
Leica representatives and their camera clinic were there. No, they didn't
have the demo version of the new lens we all hoped they'd bring along.

I did ask about the swing out polariser though and was told it would fit
the new lens.

Bob Parsons <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>