Subject: R8 VS RTS III Reliability (Was: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #495)
From: Chan Eng Suan <engsuan@tp.ac.sg>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:25:38 +0800

We don't really have to wait for a failure to occur in order to workout
the MRBF of R8. Statistically we can estimate if the MRBF of R8 is
better than that of RTS III given by Otto , with a given statistical
confidence level (usually 90% or 95%).

All I need to know is (from Ted and others) how many rolls of film you
have put through how many of R8.

And Otto, I have missed out your data on the RTS III, can you post to me
again? If I remembered correctly, what you have given earlier was the
observed MRBF based on 4 bodies, it was not THE MRBF, we can only
estimate a confident-interval (range) of MRBF values based on your data.

Well, only if you trust statistics.......

Cheers,

Eng-Suan
engsuan@tp.ac.sg
(65)780-5532