Subject: Re: Marc--Where's that book?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 10:26:51 -0400

At 09:47 PM 6/8/97 -0700, Stephen wrote:
>As I recall, you were working on a LTM mount book.
>
>Has it been published?  is it about to be??

This is much like an Elephant's birth -- a protracted affair of much
confusion and thrashing about.  It is in the hands of the publisher and
ought to be seeing the light of day fairly soon.  But the publisher has
been distracted by doing the English edition of the second volume of Kuc's
ON THE TRAIL OF THE CONTAX, and that is due out momentarily, so I should be

My book covers European LTM lenses -- Schacht and Zeiss and Ross and Wray
and Steinheil and Angenieux.  There is some mention of American lenses, but
little on the Japanese lenses (which may be my next book:  I'm getting
pressured to do a book on Voigtlander, and Rollei, and Kilfitt, and the
Japanese LTM lenses).

Every time this book has gotten close to being finished, new lenses have
appeared.  This time, I'm not adding anything, even though I have just
picked up a 4/13.5cm CZJ Triotar in uncoupled mount, and know of a couple
of others which ought to be included.  The book has been too long in the
coming!

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!