Subject: Re: LTM definition
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 21:47:02 -0400

At 08:58 PM 6/10/97 +0000, Jon Mitchell shrieked:
>WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TERM "SCREW MOUNT" WHAT KIND OF SICK,
>PERVERTED, SAVAGE, TWISTED AND DOWNRIGHT DERANGED POLITICALLY CORRECT
>LOONY CAME UP WITH "THREAD MOUNT"????? I LIKE TO "SCREW" LENSES INTO

Actually, 'thread-mount' is the original English-language translation of
the German 'schraube', as in 'schraubeleica'.  "Screw-mount" is a much
later intrusion.

Why adopt a new word, when a perfectly good older one exists?

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315