Subject: Re: Black or Chrome/21 or 24
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:04:44 -0400

At 01:45 PM 11-06-97 -0300, Federico Quintana wrote:
>	All your replies about black/chrome choice have made me revert to my
>original decision on the black chrome M6.  I will be starting off with
>the 50 summicron, as I want to wait for the new 35 summicron aspherical.
>In the mean time I plan to go for the 90 elmarit and either 21 or new 24
>apsherical.  I recently read that the 24 is usable without the added
>finder, which I find very interesting.  My question, is: How much larger
>than the 28 mm markings, is the viewfinder of the M6? and how do the 21
>and 24 compare in general optical quality?

Except for the closest focusing distances, the viewfinder outlines show
considerably more than what the lens actually covers in the M6.  Thus it is
possible that if you are using the 24mm lens, the 28mm viewfinder markings
'may' just provide the proper view.  This is only a guess, and could be
verified one way or the other by LUGers who actually have the lens.

Dan C.