Subject: ccMail SMTPLINK Undeliverable Message
From: Postmaster@gatekeeper2.un.org (ccMail SMTPLINK)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 97 10:39:02 EST

User Surachai V. at UNESCAP4 is not defined

 Original text follows
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 11:34:01 +0100
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: Bob Parsons <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Elmarit-R 100mm Apo Macro
Sender: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

JamesV wrote:

>A quick question to you all: Can the Elmirit-R 100mm f/2.8 APO MACRO be
>used as an all purpose lens or is it limited to macro photography?  I am
>wondering if it's optical design limits it in any way.

James, from the results I've had from this lens no way is it only
limited to macro photograpy. It's a superb general purpose lens with
macro ability. That's the way I look at it. It's a good replacement for a
90mm lens. You just forget about the performance, any aperture, and use it.
The only slight disadvantage for me is its weight. Just make sure you use a
fast enough shutter speed or else you throw away that quality.

In fact in the WWW MF-lens Test Archive "Color Photo" give it out of a
maximum of 100 points 87 for macro and 92.5 for infinity performance!

Also "Chasseur d'Image" rate its performance the same as the 90mm Elmarit-R.

It's available in both ROM and no ROM versions. You can't use the ROM
version on the Leicaflex SL2 etc, there's a cam in the camera that will
damage the ROM contacts.

Hope this is of some help
Regards.   Bob.