Subject: Re: Noncoated filter
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 23:35:25 -0700

At 09:46 PM 6/12/97 -0700, Jacques Bilinski wrote:

>Please explain how a photon reflected from the first surface of a filter
>can possibly end up on the emulsion to 'degrade the picture'.

Please read pages 87-88 in Gunter Osterloh's "Applied LEICA Technique,"
Page 4 of the "B+W Filter Catalog," page 202 of the "Leica Manual, 15th
Edition," page 101 in Ansel Adams "Camera and Lens," page 77 in Aaron
Sussman's "The Amateur Photographers Handbook, 8th Edition," ... it's
getting late, I have to go to bed. There are hundreds more references,
including many on the www.

Jim