Subject: Leica in Paris
From: "David W. Almy" <DAlmy@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 16:26:18 -0400

Lugnuts,

Near the Louvre Museum there is a large fountain where French children
guide rented sailboats with bamboo sticks. Central casting, get me a
bee-u-tee-ful Paris scene. Massive (10 stories tall) ferris wheel being
erected today nearby. One of the spectators, sitting in one of the chairs=

(aside from me) was a guy with a black M6 and, I think, a 35 Summicron wi=
th
shade. Since I never see anyone in the States with one, it struck me as
mildly remarkable, right there in public. Guess I don't get out much.

Also, at the Paris Air Show this morning, a "pro" photographer was
wandering around the chalets (pronounced "shal-lets" by one French woman =
encountered, shattering how I previously thought it should sound) and lo
and behold, he had an R7 w/motor and, I think, an 85 up front. I'll spend=

some time tomorrow looking for unusual equipment and report in. Many Cano=
ns
on "photojournalists" necks, one digital Nikon in use by one of the daili=
es
here. =

Does anyone know the preeminent Leica store in Paris?

In the shadow of the Eiffel Tower (really),

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland (most of the time)