Subject: Re: Elmarit-R 100mm f/2.8 APO MACRO
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 01:08:35 -0400

JamesV wrote:

<A quick question to you all: Can the Elmarit-R 100mm f/2.8 APO MACRO be
<used as an all purpose lens or is it limited to macro photography?  I am=

<wondering if it's optical design limits it in any way.

For me it is "the" all purpose Leica lens. I use it for portrait,
landscape and macro. I don't see any limit to it's use.

With the Apo 2X (200 mm =3DF/5,6), it's also extrordinary good.
The only problem is that the split-image wedge begin to darken with
apertures smaller than F/4. It's better to use a groundglass matte screen=

in such cases.

Lucien
Belgium