Subject: Re: film not dead in 20 years....
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 Jun 97 16:49:15 EDT

Joe Berenbaum wrote:

<<<This film sounds very much like Ilford XP-2. Is there any important
difference between the two?>>>>>>>

Hi Joe,

This film stays a neutral colour so that you can use filters for printing on
multigrade papers.  It has the appearnce of B&W negs and an extremely fine
grain. Whats amazing is it gets finer grained the slower you rate it. No I don't
have a clue how they do it, but we have shot frames at ASA 50 and 800 on the
same roll and all the negs appear printable.

The colour lab made B&W contacts that look like B&W and this week we are
ordering prints to compare what we get in my darkroom.

At the moment on first look, I think this could give B&W a big shot in the arm
for those who do not own a darkroom, but would like to shoot B&W much like they
shoot colour neg film.

ted