Subject: Seattle Film Works Question
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 06:21:48 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I am looking for an efficient and economical method of digitizing 35mm
Ektachrome slides to use in PowerPoint lectures.  When I'm not seeing
patients or photographing, I enjoy traveling and lecturing to other eye
doctors.  It gets me out of the office without guilt and I enjoy the travel
(with camera in hand).

I came accross some literature from Seattle Film Works where they will
develop your E-6 film and then digitize the images for delivery as email
over the Interent or by sending you a 3 1/2" floppy disk with the images on
it.

Developing of a roll of 36 exposure Ektachrome is $ 7.95, pictures on a
disk $ $5.95 and shipping  $3.45 priority mail.  Its seems rather
reasonable compared to scanning the slides at a local shop at $5.00 per
slide scan.

Anyone used this service in the U.S.?

Thanks for your response. It would seem silly to use a Leica to get the
sharpest images and then skimp on the scanning service.  I have not tried
their combination slide/print film.  I suspect it is the film used in the
movie industry and question its permanence.

Richard
Richard Clompus,OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA