Subject: Re: 24/2.8 ASPH LENS
From: "David W. Almy" <DAlmy@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:11:48 -0400

>I've used the 24 wide open a fair amount and, as reported in this forum
>before, have no complaints at all. Optically, mechanically, it's a 10.
>Maybe Erwin will chime in, but I've done 16x20 enlargements from negs sh=
ot
>at 2.8 at 1/30 and get crisp shots. Biggest problems are holding the
camera
>still (which grossly affects results, as you know) and depth of field
>which, even with a 24, is limited wide-open. My biggest problem with the=

24
>is the finder (which is a pain) and the competition the 24 has with my 3=
5
>1.4  ASPH.
>
>David W. Almy
>Annapolis, Maryland

>Hello David, =

>I am interested in this lens as one of my next "M" acquisitions. One of =

>the things I am curious about, is to what extent it can be used without =

>the finder?  Have you tried?

>Federico,
>Argentina

Federico, =

You can use the 24 without the finder, but...you have to look outside the=

28mm frame lines by moving your eye all around the finder to, eventually,=

approximate the 24's angle of view. Kinda inelegant as a solution. In
short, the viewfinder options all are workable but less than optimum.

DWA