Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #521
From: Jim Zietz <jzietz@unix1.sncc.lsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:34:15 -0500

>To keep this thread going, two things I don't like about the V35 compared
>to the Ic:
>	1. With the neg carrier, there are <two> glass surfaces to keep
>clean. The
>Ic only required the bottom of the condenser to be cleaned (and not much
>dust floated <up>).

I have two carriers for my V35. The older one, which is the one I use, has
one piece of anti-newton glass on top and just a metal frame (which I had
to file out to make it cover the entire negative) on the bottom.

The newer carrier is as you describe, with an extra piece of dust-catching
glass on the bottom.

I still prefer the setup I have with the Dursts - anti-newton glass on the
top and an oversized metal frame on the bottom.