Subject: Re: M6-W
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:58:24 +0200

<snip>

Rather than a single-magnification finder like that of the current M6 I
would
ideally like to see a 'zooming' finder, such as that fitted to the
Contax Gs and
most zoom compacts (Leica included).

<snip>

Yes, that's also a feature I want to have added to my M6. Technically
there's no problem whatsoever to make such a M6. There is however one
thing you should know, Leica isn't going to change the size of it's M
body. Why? One of the reasons the M5 wasn't succesful was because a lot
Leica M lovers hated it because of it's size and difference from it's
predecessors. If you want a zooming-viewfinder your M body will have to
increase in size.
Leica could of course go the Contax G way, make the viewfinder stick out
of the back of the camera. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I prefer the size of the M6, and I certainly don't want a bigger camera.
- --
Bert Keuken

"Never chant your mantra while eating lentil stew,
it gets your T-shirt dirty." (Neil)
- --
homepage: http://home.pi.net/~bertkeuk/home.html