Subject: Re: Evidence of a Contax/Leica partnership?
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET (Danny Gonzalez)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 05:19:31 -0400 (EDT)

>Then whe will have image degradation with :
>
>15mm/3,5
>24mm/2,8
>28mm/2,8
>35mm/1,4
>100mm/2,8 Apo
>Etc...
>
>Do you think that Leica will accept such a a degradation ????

Lucien,

I think that the current choice is between forcing the user to physically
move the floater element or making fragile lenses. I think Leica will
clearly choose to make more durable and more accurate lenses, in the
interest of assuring that top image quality is kept possible (Knock an AF
lens and it may forever suffer).

I'll second their thinking as I'd rather keep the mount and the durability,
than lose both.

Danny Gonzalez