Subject: Re: 4 I.D. 1997
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 16:28:40 -0700

On  4 Jul 97,  ted grant wrote:

<snip>

> The patriotism is wonderful and the understanding of, one people,
> one language, one flag!  The great thing it does, is it allows you
> to stand together threw adversity and success. A tremendous thing
> for one nation and a people to do.

I, and I'm sure most of the U.S. contingent on this list appreciate
your good wishes, BUT, I would be remiss in my duty as chief grouch
on here, if I didn't note that, in this country, patriotism is
waning, the "one people" of the 40's and before are now severely
divided, one langusage is now, for all practical purposes, two,
interest in the flag is lagging, and fewer and fewer stand together
in adversity and success.

> To all of you I trust you have a good and safe one and many many
> wonderful Leica images to record the great day!
>
> >From a Canadian with concern for my dividing country! : (

Again, thanks, from an Yank with concern for my dividing country
also. Dammit! I love my country and if a citizen of yours, I would
love it. Vive la difference! Screw One World Gommint!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America