Subject: Re: Model Releases
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Jul 97 10:09:25 EDT

Harold wrote:

<<<<< The agency quietly shake their heads and
send Harold on his way.

So, you see model releases are sometimes a complete pain in the proverbial
arse.>>>>>

Harold me young son,

Here is the way to solve this the next time or when trying to market them back
to the same stock agency with the line,that "You returned to Africa and found
the bush people and had them sign! :)

Ready?

Take model release and pen in hand, fill out appropriate normal information.

Where name of "model" (I hate that word in a photo release situation) appears,
place some kind of "X" or marking looking totally unlike anything we or you
might write, certainly not understandable!

Then beside each mark put your initials as the "witness"! :) Or you could
make-up a fake name of the vehicle driver. :)

Ain't legal, but is the stock agency going to go to Africa to find out?  And
what are the chances the "bush folks are going to sue?"  Besides what are they
going to sue for, "10 new cows?" :)

Hey you can wing it with a couple of the very best frames and see what
happens.:)

The other line! Take the material back to the agency tell them that you are so
pissed off that you want them to select what are the keepers and that you're
flying back to get them signed!:  Be very indignant if they challenge your
sanity and insist they select and you'll see them in about 3 weeks!

Wait a couple of weeks and walk in with all the photo releases signed
(as I described above)  and throw them on the desk! :) But you gotta be real
"showy" with it all so the stupid SOBS think you really did it! :)

You see I use a motto for common sense logic now that I have put in a few years
of life penance:

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and stupidity!"  And you might add
"stock agency lunicy!" :)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant